Friday, September 22, 2006

WTF!!???

Damn, dude.  It's frikin' 11:30, already, and I still haven't stopped working?  I am sooooo far behind at work.  Today was meetings, meetings, meetings.  I abhore meetings with a passion.  All that's ever accomplished is everyone talking about what they want to get done which just wastes precious time to get stuff done.  This, yet, further affirms the fact that I never want any sort of political, managerial, or executive roll in my job... ever!  I have at least 30 some-odd support tasks to work on (from installs, to network port activations, to Active Directory permission allowances, to... hell, I can't keep count).  This doesn't include the 30 some-odd "projects" that I either want to work on or need to get done ASAP that's been on my whiteboard since January.  ...NOTE: if you take vacation, be sure to give yourself at least a day to catch up on email....

I'm out of "Please Teacher!" DVDs to watch.  Time to rip these and send 'em back for more (so I can finish up the series).

On the more fun-side of life (heh, yeah, like that really exists), Ch33zip00fz! is starting to build up it's internet presence.  I've already secured email and a few places to "pimp" the comic.  Also, I think I've decided on software and a host provider.  My goal is to have at least the first page up by Oct 1, 2006.  That gives me a week and a half to get all the tools together, the site designed, and at least one drawing done.  Whew, that's beginning to sound pretty unrealistic now, but let's see what I can get done this weekend before deciding that.  We're about to show the world how crappy my html coding skillz are.  ;)  I guess I should go ahead and purchase the domain just in case I really want to continue on with this so I don't get screwed later.  My only fear I've had in all this is overnight success.  I mean, it's highly unlikely and all, but you never know.  I just want to do this for fun.  I still have a real job that I want to keep.  And, yes, I said, "keep"; as in I don't want to get fired because the comic ends up taking over my life because I have multitude of readers to appease.  This has probably been my biggest delay as of late.  Well, no worries.  Hell, who knows?  It could end up being the next cult following.  Heh... yeah, like that'd ever happen.  :\  Well, I need to get some sleep.  I now have 3 days to catch up on instead of two, and I have plans to hang with a friend tomorrow evening (the Guiness calls).  I don't want to be at work all night.

Oh, BTW.  Vista is working!  w00+!  The wireless, video, and modem didn't work out of the box, but with some coaxing from the Dell drivers and a hack on the Nvidia driver, all is well.  I may post what I did to get it running, but hopefully come release date, it won't matter.  Just a side note, this "Aero" Visual Appearance that they're tauting is only for the high end video cards kinda reminds me of Mac's Aqua... hmmmm.... can we say, "Copycat"?  ;)

 

l8rs.

No comments: