Sunday, September 24, 2006

Maybe a bad idea.

I'm really beginning to think this whole webcomic thing was a bad idea.

It's been a crazy weekend.  Fri was the "meet my friend" night.  That turned out to be a bust, since she seemed a whole hell of a lot more interested in someone else she met earlier in the evening.  No big.  She's leaving town next weekend newayz.  Then, yesterday, I ended up helping my friend pack and clean his soon to be sold house.  Long day, but I got a free lunch out of it.  Went for hot wings at Taco Mac for dinner.  How I've missed that place.  Awesome wings!  Last trip of the night was, of course, my trip into work to shutdown the server room in prep for the power outage this morning.  I'm guessing my co-worker couldn't read my handwriting cause he still powered my cluster on wrong.  At least I didn't have to go down there today.

So, I wake up this morning (knowing I'm supposed to spend the whole day working on the comic) and it's raining.  Nothing hard; just one of those lazy summer rainy days with "fat" rain and a cool breeze.  Enough to make you just want to curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and watch movies all day.  There went my motivation.  Oh, I've been drawing, but I've been finding everything else I can to do instead.  I've discovered I'm more of an inspiration artist.  I tend to do single drawings when I get inspired.  This isn't hard, and I've already sketched all 4 panels for the first post.  I just need to ink and scan and combine them into an image.  Honestly, the inking process isn't all that hard either, and I already know how I want to put them together.  I'm just not all that versed in how to use GIMP, so I don't know how long it will take me to put them together.  I still have to submit that image to the provider to get approved for the site.  While I'm waiting on approval, I still need to code that site.  I haven't created a web "site" in forever.  I've also decided to use Amaya to do this to make it easier to maintain.  Considering I haven't really planned the layout of the site, this could take some time.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make my Oct 1 deadline.  If I do this correctly, updating posts shouldn't take anywhere near as much effort as the initial creation.  The only thimg I'm hating is the creation process.  I was thinking, "Oh, this can't be all that difficult.  I love to draw!"  Hah!  I should have paid more attention to other artists bitching about the heart-wrenching 8 hours it takes to create a page.  They weren't kidding.  It took me 2 hours just to sketch 2 of 4 panels.  I may not get the inking finished tonight, but I'm going to at least try (if I can force my way through this motivation funk I'm in).  My initial plan of working on the comic on Sundays is probably going to change to throughout the week.  Last thing I need is spending all of the last day of my weekend working on my newly dubbed "unpaid second job".  ;)

Well, I've wasted enough time.  I need to change the laundry, take out the fat dog, get some grub, then get back to inking.

 

l8rs.

No comments: