Saturday, September 23, 2006

Oui Vey.

I'm not quite the young whipper-snapper that Ilike to think I am.  So my friend decides she wants to hook me up with at least one of her other friends.  Quick question here: why do girls always want to play matchmaker for their single guy friends?  Newayz, so we go to this pub last night.  Here's where I'm getting old.  No, it wasn't the staying out late part; I'm up till somewhere between 2 and 4 am almost every night.  I'm not quite sure where or when it happened, either, but I've just lost the whole entertainment value of sitting around in a noisy, smokey bar drinking.  I can do that at home: 1. it's a whole lot cheaper, and 2. you don't have to scream at each other to talk.  If I'm going out, I want to be on a dance floor somewhere.  Also, I've noticed my socialization skills are a bit out of practice.  I haven't been on an actual date in about 5 years, now.  Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, and quite a few of her friends we met up with were rather cute.  She did make a point last night that affirmed what has been on the back of my mind for a while: "all of my friends think you're a hottie... but, you smoke."  It's funny.  About 5 or 6 years ago when I started, it was cool or nobody really cared.  Now that I've broken that 30 barrier, you get shunned to the outer rims of society.  I guess it's part of that whole growing up, taking on responsibility thing that most start thinking about in their 30s.  Heh.  Nope.  I still refuse to get past about 25 or 26.  ;)  I have to admit, tho, that she's right.  It is time to finally quit; especially if I ever plan on dating again.  Once I finish this carton, I'm going to attempt to it, once again.

So where was I going with this?  Hell if I remember.  Ah well.  Lemme get cleaned up and changed before another friend gets over here to pick me up.  I'm off to fulfill the last of my packing duties... hopefully, the last for quite a while.

 

l8rs.

No comments: