Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sad obsession.

So I'm sitting outside enjoying a clove and a glass of Cab while BS'ing with my sister and I realize... this is the first night I haven't worn sleeves or a sweatshirt in the last couple of evenings.  Of course it might have something to do with the 3/4 of a bottle I've finished since I got home from work.  That or the admittance that Fall is upon us with the light fading sooner, the dew falling heavier, and the cool evenings and mornings.  Soon, I will be loosing that extra hour I so cherish from Daylight Savings.  My summer is once again over.  The warm sunshine, humidity, and longer days are no more.  My krispiness from the trip to the pool the other day is the last of the season.  The heat can be unbearable at times, but I so long for warmer days.  I am not a soul of colder climates.  I prefer sandy beaches, sweaty afternoons, and salty hoppy beers.  Instead, I switch to wines of red and blush and layers of clothing with thicker socks. 

....This sucks!  ;)

Eh, maybe I'll be able to scrounge up enough funds to go skiiing this year.  If not, at least, maybe I'll be able to con a few friends into a camping trip in the early Fall as the leaves change and beautify the scenic tromp through the north Georgia mountains trails.  I was reading a post from Fred about the slow progress of change of nature compared to the standard disposable society we live in these days and realized how much being away from the city and in the calm relaxing openess of nowhere-land soothes my ever-spastic nature.  Admitedly, I can only take it in small doses; but, still, it is well welcomed.

On another note, this blogging thing has become an extremely sad obsession.  Since the Con, I feel like I have to post something almost every (if not every) day, now.  Also, I noticed I've had an exponentional increase in views to my blog in the last couple of days.  Do you ppl really give a $h!+ about what I have to rant about?  Wow... that's just scary.  I'm just another soul on this information highway of life; nothing all that important.  Well, if you honesly like, then 3nj0iZ!  :)  For some funky reason, I'm feeling sharing; which in itself is oxymoronic because I'm not an extremely open person.  I'm normally very private.  I can't quite figure out why dumping random thoughts to a keyboard seem to come so enigmaticaly or easily.  Whatever.

Yet another post that turned into a whole lot more philosophical meandering than I intended.  So, off to video game land I go (been jonesing the last couple of days).  Oh, BTW, I'm still psyched about getting Ch33zip00fz online.  That's an accomplishment in itself being 3 days and I haven't lost interest, yet.  ;)  I'm in the phase of figuring out how to procure the hardware to do what I need.  Admitedly, my doodling hasn't increased all that much, but still: I am psyched!  Ok, I'm really outtie this time.

 

l8rs.

No comments: