Sunday, October 01, 2006

Social circalism...

I can 't think for shit right now.... nor can I type.  Beer is a wonderful thing.  ;)  An$5d I'm supposed to be ready to leave for a Falcons game by 11:30 tomorrow... eh... this morning.  Ah, hell.  BTW, I'm going to go ahead and appologize for misspellings as I'm a little loopy at the moment (between the hour and the amount I've had to drink tonight).  I can't exactly see straight.  I probably shouldn't have driven home, but like always, I'm always worse once I get home and start to relax.

So, I've decided I need to join some sort of social circle.  Problem is, I can't decide which kind.  I loved clubbing; problem is, dropping $40+ for cover charge and beer is not my idea of a fun investment anymore.  Call me old, but hell, that's more than a tank of gas.  Between Compound and Cowboys, I always have a good time.  Paying at least $10 to get in the door, then dropping ~$5 a beer is just plain stupid.  Getting a six pack for a few dollars more, and having my own party at home is more financially intelligent, in MHO.  'Specially considering I'm a broke IT admin.  Most of my debt is because of eating out and alcohol purchases from my college years.  Next, I love video games (just in case you haven't already figured that out), yet, I'm nowhere near a hardcore gamer (unlike what most of my friends like to think).  I just play for fun and therapy.  Then, there's sci-fi.  As I came to discover at DragonCon, I'm not into anything enough to be a fanatic.  This leaves me at a serious fork in the road. 

Becoming a regular at Cowboys is probably going to be my choice; however, there are some issues I have with that.  Take tonight for example.  I head over after leaving the wedding shower I attended (which turned out to be not as bad as I thought it was going to be).  I meet up with my sisiter's friend, but she's been up all day (whereas I finally slept in for the first time in a couple of weeks) and bolts out earlier than usual.   I decided to hang around for the next set of line dancing since I missed all the earlier "festivies" due to showing up later.  Cool thing is, she got me a free pass in, so no cover charge.  Schweet!  More money for beer (not like I really needed any more).  NEwayz, in my people watching, I started to wonder: why is it all the chicks that hit on you are the ones you really have no intrest in whatsoever?  Also, girls have it easy.  They can hit the dance floor and have a good time grooving to the music/rhythm.  A guy gets out there by himself, and he looks like a total putz.  That just blows and is so not fair.  From my standpoint, that 's what makes clubbing, as a guy, so hard.  You have to get a or some chicks to go with you.  You can't just show up by yourself.  I may be able to pull it off at Cowboys if I just get out there for the line dancing, but during the "booty music breaks", as my sister called it, I'm stuck to sitting on the sidelines drinking a beer and smoking a cig to pass the time if I don't have a dance partner.  So not fair.

Speaking of smoking, I've finished off my carton, so I'm gonna try quitting, once again.  Not because my parents told me I have to; not because my friends don't care much for cigarette smoke; but because I actually want to try.  Good thing I still have some of those patches left.  Tomorrow will be my first day without.  I have some cloves left, but I can probably pawn those off on my friend, Clue, who's hooking me up with the Falcon's tix.  I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

As far as the comic.... yeah.  My "go live" date is now December.  Haven't dediced when, yet, but that'll come when I have all this other crap out of the way.

You know, thinking about this rant while I was sitting at Cowboys, and on the drive home, I wasn't expecting it to be this long.  Here it is 4:30a, and I've just been going to town.  Well, the alarm's gonna start going off at 9a, so, I'm gonna crash.

 

l8rs.

No comments: