Monday, October 09, 2006

Overcoming lackadaisical.

I've been in a sad state of laziness for the last month or so, and the apartment's starting to show.  I have dirty piles of laundry that have been in the floor for about 5 days now (I ran out of detergent).  The kitchen's a wreck (although I did finally clean out the sink a few hours ago).  There's dog hair and pine straw (it sticks to your shoes every time it rains here) all over the living room.  Clean laundry is still in the basket from last Friday.  Junk is collected everywhere (i.e., on the bar) instead of filed away where it's supposed to be.  I've avoided balancing my checkbook and paying bills since halfway through last month.  I just haven't felt like doing squat when I get home in the evenings.  I think it's mostly because I just want to come home after work and do nothing.  Every weekend for the last 3 weeks has been pretty much planned out for me.  Admittedly, some of it is things I've wanted to do, but still.  Guess it's just time to get off my patookus get this place cleaned up.  Dealing with the checkbook is the biggest priority.  I should probably get the clothes out of the floor since my friend is coming over for dinner and Nip Tuck tomorrow.  ;)  Yeah, this pile of shoes I'm staring at needs to go back in the closet, too.  I haven't spent any effort on the comic past what I did a few Sundays ago.  That can wait until after this wedding is over.  Damn, you'd think I was getting married.  I've never seen two people put so much pre-wedding into a wedding.  I'm soooo not having a big wedding, if that day ever comes.

Upside, I've got my game on, again.  :D  I bought SSX3 for $4 Friday.  And it works on the 360!  12 year old Griff is the man.  That kid can carve some serious powder (or at least he will be by the time I'm finished).  Why did I go into computers instead of skim boarding (the waves weren't big enough to surf in my hometown) or skiing (snow boarding was still young) or music like I dreamed when I was a kid?  I guess I still could if I wanted, but these sore, unused muscles don't heal as fast as they used to.  That and having the fat dog helps keep me grounded in the reality that you still have to pay rent and utilities.

OK, I'm going to attempt cleaning.  Besides, it'll keep me from thinking about smoking.

 

l8rs.

No comments: