Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ignorance of society.

I always seem to forget how ignorant some of the dipshits working behind the counter at gas stations can be.  This disappointingly reminds me about how lazy and unwilling to try our society is these days.  I could have swore that I very plainly and cleary asked for 3 packs of Camel Ultra Lights.  Now, it may be my overall exhaustion (due to my refusal to submit to a decent sleeping schedule lately), but I shouldn't have to pay attention to what he places on the counter.  I run my debit card thru the little reader (this thing was slow responding to button pushes, btw) and look up to get my receipt from the guy.  As I go to leave and grab the packs, what has he given me?  Malboro.  Now, any smoker will tell you, we are very finiky when it comes to our cigs.  Of course, it's too late to tell him this is the wrong thing (and I'm in no mood to argue with the guy) because the price is usually different between Camels and Malboros.  So, now I'm stuck for the next week and a half (since I'm not smoking anywhere near as much) tolerating the horrid stench that is Malboro (I really don't like the way those things smell).  At least they were Ultra Lights.

It's just so sad that you can't trust anyone to just do their jobs, anymore.  If you don't make sure they do it right, it doesn't happen.  ergh...

BTW, I did manage to get some drawings done the other night.

 

l8rs.

(only 3 more weeks till Gears of War!)

No comments: