Wednesday, October 25, 2006

No more galavanting about (for a while).

If it's not late nites on IM, tv schedules to keep, or work, I'm pretty much sleeping these days.  The crispness in the air has once again returned for another season.  Time once again to forego the hoppy frosty beers for a bottle of Cab, various cheeses, and seasoned steaks (altho, I need to head back down to Panama City and get some more seasoning).  I really don't care much for winter.  Unless there's packed powder on the ground and a board on my feet, I don't want any temp less than 70 degrees.  I couldn't hold back any more after the nipply freezing +10 temps this past weekend.  I had to turn the heater on.  I'm sitting here in my leather jacket and sweats at the moment just because I'm so damned cheap that I won't turn the temp up above 70 just yet.

K, nuff of the frigid talk, it's making me cold.  I'm going to have to go make a cup of coffee.  Point being in all this complaining, I don't like the cold, and rarely do I leave the apartment short of trips to the grocery store and work.  My summer is gone.  No more trips out to bartown; no more evening strolls in the humid night.  Just me, my laptop, my 360, and Blockbuster Online.  After this weekend that is.

Speaking of, I am sooo freakin frustrated.  Halloween weekend, Tech Homecoming, my old habitual Ga vs. Fla., and this freakin wedding.  My weekend is shot.  Can't relax Fri cause of all the rehearsal craziness, which starts almost immediately after I get off work.  Sat afternoon, I can't go to the Tech game cause of pictures.  Sat nite, can't watch the Ga game cause of the wedding and reception.  But I'll be dammed if I'm missing out on my friend's Halloween party, tho.  Once the cake cutting and toast is done, I'm slipping out.  I'll be conviently over-sleeping on Sun so I miss the brunch, too.  I don't care if it is "their" weekend.  It should not have this much to do with me.  Has anyone else ever recieived 6 different invitations to various parts of a wedding?  See?  Ridiculous....  And this is why I dread getting married.  All the over-hyped hoopla.  Stick to the basic principal: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stuipd, for those of you who haven't heard that one yet).

Now that I have 3 or 4 veins popping out of my forehead and an annoying twitch in my right eye, I'm going to watch some TV and relax.  Worse case scenario, Master Chief and I may be popping a cap in some soon to be married couples.  ...It's all about therapy.  ;)

 

l8rs.

No comments: