Friday, August 18, 2006

ramblings

Honestly, not a whole lot going on here these days. I'm helping a friend move. I forgot how much work is involved in packing since I've actually managed to stay put for longer than a year. :) Work is getting back to being hectic. I have to have 3 servers online before I go home tomorrow, and one of them has to be done before noon. Semester starts next week, so for the next month, life is just not fun anymore. I really need to quit spending money on things I don't need. I'm already broke for the month... I still have another 2 weeks and 3 more bills to pay.

Here's a little something that just popped into my head earlier this month in the wee hours of the AM. Just thought I'd share:

  Sultry summer humidity
  Cicadias chirping in the evening
  Cool salty breeze
  No longer the lifeguard to enjoy

  Sticky, muggy asphalt
  Flourescent air-conditioned offices
  Whirring beeping cluster arrays
  Forever the computer whiz

  Bright lights, big city
  Longing for the sound of the ocean
  Will I ever be able to return?
  Here I will not remain

I'm no poet, so don't ask me what iambic pentameter hiku format it follows, cause I have no idea. ;) I just thought it sounded cool. ;)

l8rs.

No comments: