Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quite the charmer...

Heh, so I log into Yahoo! for the first time in a couple of weeks and this is sitting in one of my panels:

 Daily Horoscope:
  "You are in prime position to charm the pants off people. You can
  get your own way. You don't need good looks (though that won't
  hurt) all you need is your wonderful manner, the one which works
  every time."


HAH! Too funny! Guess it's too bad I don't take these things seriously or my ego would be seriously ballooned with a statement like that. ;)

On the flipside, it's been another one of those Mondays; one where you're just sitting at your desk all day wondering why you're even there. I've been without my coffee for the last two days, and let me tell you... it is taking it's toll. I was a slug all the way through lunch up until I finally went home around 8. Top that off with yesterday's rude re-awakening of muscles I had forgotten that exist. My butt cheeks still feel like I've been doing power-squats for a week. :) Guess that's my body telling me I really should start doing some sort of physical activity other than exercising my thumbs (synchronized game controller streches). Ah, well, it was all worth it to see the semi-smile on my friend's face after the relocation. I say semi since she wasn't feeling all that well. Stubborn-ass. I told her to go lay down; we had it taken care of. Ah, who am I kidding. I probably would have been the same way.

So, I will definately, now, be experiencing my first Con this weekend. This ought to be interesting. It'll, also, help to remind me that no matter how weird I think I am, there are always those that are oh so much weirder. ;) If you haven't figured it out, this weekend is the huge sci-fi DragonCon here in Atlanta. I've been wanting to go for several years, but that's just one experience I've never been too keen on doing alone. Luckily, an old friend from my early college years (who is a much more conditioned Con'er) has moved into the area. She even managed to score us some discounted tix. w00+! Hell, who knows. With all my "charming personality" going on, I may be able to woo me a weirdo. ;) Heheheh... Oh, I'm sure I'll have plenty to ramble on about after going, so be prepared for it either this weekend or next week!


l8rs.

1 comment:

tara dawn said...

You are such a sweetie...and I am such a stubborn ass, I know:)
What a pleasant surprise to find that you are a fellow blogger...we must commune on here more often. I'll see you soon, before CON (though I'm still not totally sure what that is).
Love ya,
TD