Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rumors abound...

I'm going through my blog subscriptions from the last week to kill time before my road trip. The guys over at the Xbox 360 Rally have been eating up the rumor-mill, and I just have to throw in my $0.02 worth (because it's not worth $0.10).

To start off, I'm peeved that Sony is discontinuing the 60G PS3 model. Not that I plan on getting a PS3 any time soon, but in addition to that statement, they will no longer be using the "Emotion" hardware chip for games backwards compatibility (in favor of a software solution, al la 360). This was the primary selling point for me with Playstation in the past, and an extremely pisser point when I bought my 360. Now I'm going to have to scour eBay for a 60G model once the new Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy games are released. The point? Is Microsoft ditching the Core? For their sake, I hope not. This next-gen (if you can still call it that) console war between MS and Sony is getting ridiculous. It's starting to sound a lot like the HD-DVD and Blue-Ray competition. Meanwhile, Nintendo is sitting back in their corner laughing.

Next on the list, the 360 price drops are getting insane. The Premium went from $399 to $349 and, now, to $329? Talk about trying to make up for bad blood with the "red ring of death" problem. To top it off, come September (just in time for Halo 3), the Premium consoles should be having their own little HDMI ports! Now the question begs, is it really worth an extra $170 for a 100G more and a black exterior (as apposed to white)? Sounds like MS is up to something devious... but what? ;)

Ok, so my ranting is done. I need to get on the road. A 4hr road trip awaits me, and I need to hit my destination before 6:30p. 3nj0i mulling over those rumors and keep an eye on the Rally for more detailed coverage than I'll ever give. :)



l8rs.

No comments: