Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY (?) New Year

I feel like I should say something inspirational or reflect on the past year or something. In all honesty, I've haven't felt like being much more than a bump on a log today. I wish I could blame it on a hangover or the cold bug that's going around. Hey, don't get me wrong. It's been a great year, and Disney was a blast!

So, why do I feel so lethargic today? I guess it's the sinking feeling that my vacation is over, and I must return to the 9-5 of reality tomorrow, that's bumming me out.

I've been home long enuff to realize that the one apartment I share a wall with has decided to drop their newly upgraded HD Dish outside my living room window... I'm not sure if I'm OK with this, yet.... Also, in the midst of watching Tech loose in the last few minutes of the Gator Bowl, I've discoved that my cable box has finally bitten the dust (it was giving me fits before I left but I was able to get it to come back). I'll have to give Taylor Bennett some serious credit, tho. Since Reggie Ball screwed up and was academically ineligible to play (I was actually kinda happy to hear this), Bennett came off the bench and performed beautifully. It all came down to inexperience, tho. You can tell he buckled under the pressure at the end throwing his only interception in the last 4 minutes.

At least I've been a bit productive and paid almost all my bills for the month (and still have cash left over, for once). Other than that, I've been lying in bed watching my Full Metal Panic! FUMOFFU fansubs for the rest of the afternoon. The title didn't make sense untill about the 5th episode. What the hell is "bunta-kun", anyway? I think "-kun" translates as "Mr." AnimeNfo.Com calls this tard-of-a-teddy-bear-kinda-thing (seems to have a "Barney"-esk type of roll) Bonta-kun. So, I guess my question should go more like: Is Bonta its name or is the literal translation of "bunta-kun" something like "Mr. Bear"? Don't ponder on that one too hard. ;)

Awite, lemme get back in the swing of things, and, maybe, I'll carry on about my Disney trip later this week. First I need to call Comcast and get my box replaced (and upgrade to HD and DVR in the process).



l8rs.

No comments: