Friday, February 09, 2007

Vista-rific!

It's funny.  I've actually been running the same OS on my laptop for going on 4 months, now, without a re-install.  Hang on... lemme thing about that.... Yeah, that's about right.  This is a rather uncommon occurance for me, and I'm not quite sure how to handle that thought.  Ever since the realease of Vista 2 weeks ago, I've considered, time and again, making it my main OS.  I'm finding myself going back to my VMware'd Windows XP to do more things.  Since I'm running Fedora, I can't exactly test compilations and applications for the systems at work (they run Red Hat Enterprise).  Using Linux out of stubborness is becoming less and less worth it.  I just refuse to dual boot; that's a pain in the ass.  Besides, I miss my power management.  And I won't have to boot a special kernel every time I want to use the wireless card.

Yes.  I think today is the day I head down the path towards assimilation; at least, until Red Hat Enterprise 5 is released at the end of the month.  ;)  Besides, my concentration today is scattered, at best.  That's what I get for going out to Cowboys last night.... and they had Bud Light half off.  Ouch.



l8rs.

No comments: