Thursday, April 06, 2006

Peyton's Podcast

Now I don't know if I've made it apparent here or not, but my sister's got me watching One Tree Hill ...along with The O.C. and a few other shows, but we won't go there.... ;) For those of you out there who watch the show, I'm sure you know about Peyton and her Podcasts she does in relevance with each episode. "She" started shortly after this season began.

OK... so what's my point? I finally acquired an iPod Shuffle. I used to use iTunes a few years ago, when it first came out, but I never cared much for the way it organized the files (call me anal). Hence, I went back to using *gasp* Windows Media Player. This was all, of course, before I started using Linux. In that sense, I still haven't really found a media player that does everything of what I want, yet. Like I said, call me anal... and picky. ;)

NEWAYZ.... I downloaded the Podcasts this week and started listening to them on the train in to work. Interesting little addition to the already twisted plot of the show. What I find the funniest is if you listen closely, there's this "theme" of dealing with depression and emotional hard times. Then, at the end, she offers encouragement saying it's worth going on... or something like that. I never really had it all that hard in high school... or at least, I never felt like I had any reason to be depressed. No, I wasn't one of those snobby rich kids, nor was I a bitter pill that never cared much for anyone. I never really fit into a descriptive "click", which seem to have existed more predominatly back then than they do in today's pre-collegiate (<-- is that even a word?) education. Yah, well, I don't have kids, and I haven't been around a whole lot of non-college students in a while. So, I'm probably wrong in that assumption.

Well... whatever. I just like listening to them. ...The Podcasts, that is. :) Peyton's quite the music lover, so she's brought up a few band names in her rants. Gives me something new to listen to for a while.

Geeze, I work in the technology field; you'd think I'd have already jumped on the Podcast bandwagon by now. Hell, I was even late in getting into this blogging thing. Am I loosing my touch with modernization?

...

LOL!

...

Hrmph... yeah, so newayz, check 'em out the next time you're poking through the iTunes Music Store for something to listen to. Or, if you don't have iTunes, download 'em from here:
http://peytonspodcast1.blogspot.com
Worst case senario, you've wasted 5 minutes listening to an "episode" of One Tree Hill.


l8rs.

No comments: